As a parent, life can be intimidating, worrisome, and stressful all at the same time. However, all those traits especially stress have the ability to shorten your life. Everyone deserves a healthy purposeful life filled with joy and longevity with their families. Below are 10 ways to de-stress or relax when times become challenging.
1) Get rid of the negative – Negative talk, negative friends, negative television programs/songs, and stinking thinking!
2) Create your solitude space – For men that is called their get away cave. Men and women need a place to take a break!
3) Go to sleep – When the kids are napping, at the sitters, away at school, etc. close your eyes. Sleep is on of the best rejuvenators and healers for the body.
4) Go for a walk in a beautiful area and observe the trees, sky, flowers, etc.
5) Put it on silent – The cell phone can bring on a multitude of stress. Turn the tone off for 30 to 45 minutes at a time once or twice a day.
6) Exercise – Stretch, do yoga, or Tai chi.
7) Take a trip – Go on a peaceful and fun trip and lose your busy thoughts.
8) Indulge in Water – Take longer showers or baths.
9) Get Organized – Organize your home to take off 10 to 15 % of the stress. Being organized is very important when lowering stress.
10) Let it go – Let go of the past, don’t sweat the small stuff, let the debater win, stop fussing/nagging, keep your mouth closed to establish peace when someone may be stubborn. Forget about the last word and remember to shut down the conversation if it is going south!